Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies

Black Bean Brownies (Gluten Free). Photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
This recipe is from Calouste over at Food.com. See her recipe or follow the recipe here (with my additions and improvements in red):
I've put the recipe below, but, truly, save yourself the trouble and DON'T MAKE THIS! It tastes nothing like chocolate. It tastes like black bean cake. It is grosser then gross. I couldn't wash my mouth out fast enough. Never again.
Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
3 eggs
3 Tbsps oil
4 Tbsps cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1) Mix ingredients together in a blender/food processor until pureed.
2) Pour into a greased 8 x 8 cake pan.
3) Stir in some chocolate chips and nuts, or leave plain. (I left mine plain to see what kind of canvas I was working with.)
4) Bake at 350F for approximately 30 minutes.
5) Let cool completely before cutting.
Nutritional Information:
16 Servings
Amount per serving: 
Calories:                102.2              
Fat:                          3.7g
Carbs:                    14.9g
Fiber                        2.1g          
Protein:                    3.2g           
Weight Watchers Points Plus Values: 3
Thoughts: Only make this is you really LOVE black beans in cake form, because that is exactly what it tastes like. Since my lowest rating is 1 pin, I will, indeed, give it 1 pin. If I could go lower, I so totally would.
If you just hopped over here from Pinterest, Welcome! Feel free to check out any of the other recipes I have reviewed. And come back for another visit sometime soon. - Lynn

1 comment: